The Niger State office of the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) was raised by fire on Tuesday

It was learnt that the fire which occurred on Monday evening was caused by electrical spark.
Addressing journalists after the incident in Minna, the state Operations Controller of DPR, Engr. Abdullahi Isah Jankara, said the fire began from the internet and inverter room and razed four offices.
He said it took the efforts of fire fighters from the state Fire Service to put the fire under control.
“The offices affected included the Account office, Head of Gas office, Head of Downstream office and the room for inverter and internet services,” Jankara said.
He said several items which had not been ascertained at the time of filing this report were damaged in the four offices.
“We have a lot of documents as related to license processing and products scheduling intact because they were all kept in my office.
“The inverter is gone and all the internet facilities are burnt. We are still taking the inventory to know the exact number of items damaged by the fire,” the operation controller added.

Post a Comment